|I can be what I will to be.
As Dave Ramsey says, “If you want to be skinny, you do what skinny people do. If you want to be a millionaire, you do what millionaires do.”
|Sounds so simple. There are so many aspirations one faces in a lifetime. The reality is that everyone has the capability to be what they want to be.|
|Thought is energy and energy is power. Therefore, it is crucial to be very conscious of the thoughts that flow through your being. Our creator gives us the choice of life or death, blessing or curses. He has also given us through the incredible power in our minds, the ability to act on these choices and transform our world.|
|God has given us through the incredible power in our minds, the ability to act on these choices and transform our world, explains Dr. Caroline Leaf. Romans 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is good, and acceptable and perfect will of God.”|
|Nothing is impossible with God. Matthew 19:26 “But Jesus beheld them and said unto them, With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.”|
|If we want spiritual and mental growth, it is imperative that we affirm daily that “I can be what I will to be”, and continue with affirmations until a habit is formed.
However, BEWARE of what thoughts you are planting in your mind.
Master Key 4:12 talks about that once a project is started, it must be completed. If we do not complete what we start, or make a resolution and do not keep it, we are forming the habit of failure; absolute, ignominious failure! If you do not intend to do a thing, do not start! if you do start, see it through even if the heavens fall! if you make up your mind to do something, do and let nothing, no one, interfere! The “I” in you has determined, the thing is settled; the die is cast, there is no longer any argument.
As Dr. Caroline Leaf explains, “As soon as we make a decision or choose, we collapse a probability into an actuality. Through our choices, things happen. Nothing happens until we choose. This is the powerful, sound mind God has given us. The Observer Effect is set in motion each time we think and make a choice. Choice is real with real consequences.”
I can be what I will to be.
Fear can be debilitating in every aspect of life. It can stop a person in their tracks from attaining their goals in life. That is why it is imperative to destroy the fear that imperils your growth mentally, physically, and spiritually. A good start to expel fear forever is mentioned in my previous blog of Today is A New Day for A New Beginning by developing new good habits.
As quoted in the Master Key 3:17a, 18b “It is our attitude of mind toward life which determines the experiences with which we are to meet…then we can leap over the chasm of doubt and hesitation which fear places in his path.”
My personal ‘go-to’ reference for kicking fear to the curb is found in I John 4 where it explains how God loved us so incredibly much that He sent His Son, Jesus, to be the price paid for our sin. This shows us how we are to love one another. Why is this necessary? Well, because in Verse 18 and 19 it says, “There is no fear in love; but because fear has torment, perfect love casts out fear. We love Him, because He first loved us.”
Sweet. Now I have the courage filled with a powerful confidence that is learned by doing the skills necessary for my profession taught to me by a mentor–Just as a skillful athlete does to train for competition. Practice. Exercise. Repeat. In this area where I develop the skills necessary to kick fear out of the picture, I rejoice for I am now Free to Serve without Fear!
Today is a new day for a new beginning. Life can be a cruel critic for reflection of the choices one has made over the course of years. While nothing can be done to change the past, there is great hope for the change of course by utilizing the skills of retraining the subconscious mind through the development of new habits.
“What new habits?”
The first new habit is the development of a new mental blue print which is attached how I view the world from within. I will read these powerful affirmations each day so that my subby understands that it has a new master at the controls.
- I am 100% committed to becoming the person I need to be–I DEMAND of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment to achieve my Definite Purpose in life.
- I keep my mind stayed upon the person I intend to become, and keep a clear mental picture of that person.
- I have the responsibility to live my life to the fullest and achieve my goals in order to set an example for those around me. Therefore, I will devote 10-minutes daily to demand of myself the development of self-confidence.
- I have clearly written down a description of my Definite Aim in life, and will believe in full faith that it will gradually influence my thoughts and actions so that I will become the self-reliant, successful person that I know I can be.
- I fully realize that no success is attained unless it is founded in truth and integrity; therefore, I will always keep the well being of others in mind and engage in no activity that does not benefit all whom it affects. I will inspire others to help me because of my willingness to help others. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism by developing love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.